Not everyone has a sweet tooth, that much is true. But even if you’re someone who can shrug at sweets, there are certain things that you’ll probably make an exception for because they’re just so darn good.
Banoffee pie is one of those things.
What’s banoffee pie, you ask? Well, prepare to be dazzled, both by its taste and how easy it is to make.
Banoffee pie is a no-bake pie that combines the deliciously weird crunch of toffee with the natural sweetness of banana, plus a lot of whipped cream. And it goes great with a cup of coffee.
And the recipe, which you’ll find below, will also give you a crash course on how to make toffee, which is a lot easier than you might think and comes in handy for other recipes, like these butterscotch toffee pudding pops.
Check out the very easy recipe below, which combines easy-to-find ingredients that everyone loves, just in a new way!
Plus, “banoffee” is a lot of fun to say.
1 pack graham crackers
1/2 cup melted butter, and 1 stick solid butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 can condensed milk
1 can whipped cream
2-3 medium bananas, sliced
solid chocolate, to grate
- Crush graham crackers until fine.
- Add melted butter and stir until consistent.
- Press into the bottom of a pie tin with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- In a frying pan, melt your solid stick of butter.
- Add brown sugar and condensed milk and stir until smooth. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Remove from heat and pour over the pressed graham cracker crumbs, and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Generously top with layers of whipped cream and sliced banana.
- Grate chocolate on top to taste and serve! You can add caramel or toffee sauce, or enjoy as is!